As christmas time is about to start, we are thinking about the gifts we want to give to our users as well. Looking at our download numbers of UniShare, we came up with the idea to start a little challenge.
As you can see, we have around 17,000 downloads of UniShare. If we will get this numbers up to 20,000 until Sunday, 12/21/2014 we will make our “Unlock All Packages” package free for the three days of Christmas! This package is the most awesome package of all, as it will contain also all future packages (and there will be more, believe us)!
If our download numbers remain below 20,000 however, you will receive a gift as well. We will then make the “Unlock Image Upload” package (which is the second most requested) free for Christmas.
It is up to you, help spreading the word about UniShare and make our count break the 20,000 downloads line!
As we continue to work on UniShare as well, we are also improving and adding new features. This time however, we sadly had to remove two features from UniShare.
We had to remove Yammer from UniShare as we will loose our access to the needed programming endpoints at 12/31/2014 (because of leaving Telefónica Germany, where our access is tied to). We are currently looking into possible ways to make Yammer re-appear.
On top, Facebook does no longer allow third party apps to post to user groups if a platform has an official app. As Windows Phone has such an official app, we were forced to remove also this posting option. Posting to your pages however is still fully functional.
We are very sorry for this bad news.
Besides that, we also added a new feature that prevents the app to lock your phone until sharing has finished (you’ll find that on the post options page):
We are also happy to have fixed some other bugs:
- fixed error where Xbox Music link was added with unchecked Checkbox
- fixed missing album cover in XMusicShare when result from Xbox Music is selected (happens mostly while streaming)
- improved error handling for premium packages with slow network connections
- fixed sharing continuation when posting media fails
- lots of minor bug fixes
We hope that these fixes and the new lock screen prevention option will be delightful for you all.
What we are working next on is Cortana integration as well as multiple Twitter accounts, as these are the most requested features. Stay tuned for the next update!
We have a lot of app ideas. Some of them never got realized due to our own wish to provide high quality apps and little time, but we thought that we need to find a way to get those apps out, anyways. That’s why we started MSiccDev BETALABS today.
What does that mean for our apps? We are still providing our high quality for all of our main apps. With the BETALABS app, we’ll accept that they will have (as less as possible) small quirks, but get them out to you, our users to be used. What you can do: provide feedback (via mail) about things you recognize, about ideas to improve. Please use our UserVoice forum for those ideas.
Apps that run under the BETALAPS flag will be published to the Store as normal apps, but have the word BETA in the app name. No registration is required, and we wholeheartly invite you to use and test those apps.
Our first app that is released under the BETALABS flag is RandR. RandR stands for “Recognize and Read (aloud)” and lets you extract text from images and even reads it aloud to you. RandR is a Universal app and available on both Windows Phone and Windows.
Please come back to our dedicated BETALABS page in future to see all of our BETALABS apps.
Today we got our update to version 0.9.9.4 approved. This update contains several fixes and improvements. Most of them are based on user feedback.
Here is the full changelog for NFC Toolkit:
- we improved our shopping list extra to avoid some errors we received
- to do list improved as well, on top we added item editing for already saved items
- improved Mix, Play & Share (now all Mix groups up to 50 items get loaded for each country)
- improved and renamed appointment checker to appointment dashboard. Now only appointments that have a title get displayed, plus the appointments are finally sorted according to their date & time
- improved car dashboard. You have now the option to select a Mix for MixRadio via the built in Mix Play & Share extra before launching MixRadio. We also fixed the battery time tile, which should be working correctly on WP8.1 now.
- we improved custom profile assistant item handling to make it easier for you to configure the profile correctly
- We added more than 20 new apps that can be launched in your custom profile. We would love to add more apps to this list, but we can only add apps that have a parameter-less uri scheme. These uri schemes can be added from other developers to our app as well. For more info, ask the developers of apps you want to see there to get in contact with us.
- We made some improvements to the user interface, especially the notifications for reading and writing NFC tags are easier to understand now.
- at least, there are some more stability improvements and minor bug fixes
As we added a lot of new things that improve the app, it may happen that the app has some strange behaviors in very seldom cases. Please perform a reinstall to get around them (you will not be charged again if you already bought the app).
With the next update, we will add some new features. Once we consider the app feature complete, we will start to (let) translate the app into other languages than English. We will post more on that here once we have reached this point.
We hope you enjoy this update and look forward to your feedback and your ratings in the Windows Phone Store.
As we are continuing to improve our NFC Toolkit, we have improved our integrated car dashboard. Of course we updated our standalone car dashboard as well and are now in the state of “final release version”, also known as 1.0 in the version number.
Here is what we have improved:
- as Nokia Music has been rebranded to MixRadio, we adapted the new name in our car dashboard as well.
- as we have another app that hooks into the MixRadio API (Mix Play & Share), we provided an option for Lumia device users to start this free app first to select a Mix
- improvements on reading device data like battery status and network connections
- general stability improvements
We hope you will enjoy this release as much as we do.
While we were working on our NFC Toolkit, we also updated the Mix Play & Share part of it. Of course these improvements are also integrated into the Mix Play & Share standalone app.
These features are new/improved:
- Until now, we loaded 20 Mix groups for each country. Thanks to feedback from our users, we recognized that we are missing out some Mix groups. We changed this, and now our app loads up to 50 groups per Mix.
- We have updated the app to include the latest MixRadio SDK, which is also a lot more faster than before. Loading times should be better now – even with slow internet connections.
- we improved the sharing methods
- some improvements to messages that are shown (we switched from the messages that need user interaction to messages that do not need them where it makes sense)
- other minor bug fixes
Don’t wait, update Mix Play & Share right now.
We hope you enjoy this update and would love to see your positive review in the Windows Phone Store.
Today we got our update to version 0.8.8.0 certified to be in the Windows Phone Store.
We made some changes to our app to improve your experience while sharing.
- we fixed and error where some not connected networks did not get hidden on setting this option
- we removed BugSense due to some serious performance problems and app crashes
- Many of you requested it, that’s why UniShare now only exits on the compose page. It displays also selective message before it exits to prevent non wanted exits. Don’t worry if you don’t like those messages, you can tell UniShare to not show it again.
- We made also some changes to the image editor. It needs to be activated now before selecting an image or taking a photo and works also with photos from the library.
- minor bug fixes
Due to the recent store outage for in app purchases, we also improved this part of our application. First, we added a new page where all additional packages are listed. The page tells you what you are getting with your purchase and detects your current license states. On top of that, we are no longer checking the license state on every app start, but save them for 96 hours. After that, we are refreshing the licenses. This should avoid problems like the recent outages in future.
If you see the unlock buttons after this update again, just hit one of them to refresh and store the licenses or restart the app.
We hope you’ll enjoy the new features and bug fixes. As always, if you have any feedback for us, do not hesitate to contact us through the feedback and support page.
Voices Admin received a minor bug fixing update today.
Due to some layout changes on the UserVoice website, fresh installs of ourapp were not able to get the API clients. This update fixes that.
The second fix is for the ticket list. You may have noticed that some of the tickets were not shown correctly and only manually refreshing the list helped. This is now fixed.
We are looking into of our UserVoice library in the coming weeks. We are trying to not break things, but our goal is to make the library returning objects that you can work with directly.
We hope the latest update helps you to better hear the voices of your users.