This year was again a turbulent one for us. We had a few ups and downs, but overall we enjoyed it. What happened this year at MSiccDev?
Bringing UniShare to the PC with the UWP version
This year, we finally did the next step and brought UniShare to the PC with launching our all new written UWP app. We had a great team of beta testers finding out a ton of bugs, helping to make UniShare a powerful and great app. Thanks to all of you again, without your help UniShare would not be as awesome as it is now. We kept improving UniShare and added some cool new features, including translations into more languages, a connection to our SimpleLeet Converter as well as a Translation feature into Klingon.
But we do not stop here. The current situation of Windows Mobile (formerly known as Windows Phone) is difficult. That’s why we had to move on and started development of UniShare for Android. Here is a sneak preview:
Releasing the official WindowsUnited.de app as public beta in the Google Play Store
Also this year, we published Windows United for Android, which is our first public Android application in the Google Play Store. WindowsUnited is a German Microsoft news page, and we are happy to develop their official apps for both Android and iOS. The Android application is a public beta, everyone can download it for free from the store. We target a final release in early 2017 and will also launch an iOS version in 2017.
We will continue to work on these two projects in 2017, and you will see also some new stuff from our side.
So, let’s say goodbye to 2016 and look ahead to 2017 by wishing you and your families a happy new year.
Today we got our update to version 0.9.9.4 approved. This update contains several fixes and improvements. Most of them are based on user feedback.
Here is the full changelog for NFC Toolkit:
- we improved our shopping list extra to avoid some errors we received
- to do list improved as well, on top we added item editing for already saved items
- improved Mix, Play & Share (now all Mix groups up to 50 items get loaded for each country)
- improved and renamed appointment checker to appointment dashboard. Now only appointments that have a title get displayed, plus the appointments are finally sorted according to their date & time
- improved car dashboard. You have now the option to select a Mix for MixRadio via the built in Mix Play & Share extra before launching MixRadio. We also fixed the battery time tile, which should be working correctly on WP8.1 now.
- we improved custom profile assistant item handling to make it easier for you to configure the profile correctly
- We added more than 20 new apps that can be launched in your custom profile. We would love to add more apps to this list, but we can only add apps that have a parameter-less uri scheme. These uri schemes can be added from other developers to our app as well. For more info, ask the developers of apps you want to see there to get in contact with us.
- We made some improvements to the user interface, especially the notifications for reading and writing NFC tags are easier to understand now.
- at least, there are some more stability improvements and minor bug fixes
As we added a lot of new things that improve the app, it may happen that the app has some strange behaviors in very seldom cases. Please perform a reinstall to get around them (you will not be charged again if you already bought the app).
With the next update, we will add some new features. Once we consider the app feature complete, we will start to (let) translate the app into other languages than English. We will post more on that here once we have reached this point.
We hope you enjoy this update and look forward to your feedback and your ratings in the Windows Phone Store.
Today we finally received the notification we and you were waiting for: UniShare is now able to post to Path!
For your information: Path requires apps from third party into a review process. This review process should be faster usually, but somehow we went into that review process at the wrong time. Our app got approved a few weeks ago already. Path though had some technical issues to implement the app integration, which has been fixed now.
Actually, UniShare allows you to share so called “thoughts” (text updates) as well as photo moments. With the ongoing work on UniShare, more features will be included in future.
We hope you enjoy UniShare and the finally working integration with Path.
Today our update to version 0.8.7.0 had been approved by Microsoft.
We have fixed a lot of bugs as well as added some new features:
- we added sharing to vk.com. This is our first test integration, but we need feedback from you, or users, to improve the integration. One point to note: vk demands third-party apps like ours to ask you for new authentication every 24 hours. That is why you may have to perform sharing to vk.com twice.
- we know you want to share to Path. Our app got already approved by them, but they still need to integrate it into their systems. We integrated the sharing code already. Until our app is receiving live access, you will see a message that tells you we don’t have live access yet if you try to share an update. This message will no longer show after we finally received the live access.
- we added an option to continue sharing to other networks if sharing to one your selected networks fails. Any feedback for this is welcome.
- we also added a 1-click-sharing option. This users the selected networks as is. Please make sure you configured the selection of networks properly before using this option.
- the whole text you are sharing is copied to the clipboard with this update. This way, you can also use it in other apps.
- we added an option to unlock all additional packages at once – which will save you some money if you plan to unlock all packages. On top, this package will include all future packages that might get added to UniShare.
One thing you will not see in the foreground is that we also rewrote our sharing mechanism completely. It makes sharing much more reliable and is also faster in some cases.
If you have any problems after installing the update via the store, please try a reinstall. We changed a lot of code, and the reinstall might be the only needed solution.
Finally, we want to point you to our integrated UserVoice page (open the menu at the bottom of the page and select “help & support (via UserVoice”). Here you find suggestions of new features you can vote for or add your idea, submit tickets to us (which had a bug that we also fixed with this update) and our FAQ (we are adding new items to it this week, so a look doesn’t hurt).
You can download the update right here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ee42cb1d-8a68-41c6-9c0c-d3e3fc61d6ea
We hope you like the new features and as always, your feedback is more than welcome.