Today, we published UniShare version 1.2.1, which has a bunch of new extras and contains a ton of fixes.
Here is what is new:
- UniShare is now available in more languages (German, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian)
- we added a link to our translator registration page
- adding a picture from camera/library or pasting from clipboard is now also available when using the Sharing menu of the operating system (because it opens the main app)
- using our app SimpleLeet Universal, you can convert any update to Leet Speak from within UniShare (SimpleLeet Universal has to be installed and started at least once)
- using the Microsoft Translator, you can translate your updates no to Klingon – qaStaHvIS batlh!
- using Giphy, you can search the biggest gif library out there in the web and attach them to your updates as well
Here is what has been fixed:
- the mention suggestion search for Facebook no longer needs upper case letters
- Import/Export of Sharing Profiles is now fixed, no longer throws errors
- better handling of situations without internet connection
- fixed sharing to external apps (you can now share to all Email, Messaging and WhatsApp all at the same time)
- a lot more bug fixes, listing them all would make this post way too long
Due to all those changes, you might have to go to the ‘unlock additional packages’ page again to update your license. If this does not happen automatically, just select your currently active license, a few seconds later the app has refreshed your license status and should work like expected. If this is not the case, please open a ticket on the ‘feedback and support’ page.
We hope you’ll enjoy the new features as much as we do. After our summer vacation, we will continue to improve UniShare (we actually have a long list of new features to come).
Have fun, everyone!
As we promised, we will integrate UniShare into Cortana – coming in as one of the most requested features for UniShare, we thought it would be nice to finish it before christmas. Now, with our latest update, we reached this goal.
We started with integration in English (US & GB), as most users will likely have their phone set to English in order to use Cortana (read more: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/cortana/cortana-alpha).
The sharing process itself is completely voice guided, you do not need to touch the screen to update your social status (except for starting Cortana and make her listening). This first integration is for text updates only, but we will add more in later updates.
We have also tested some of the freshly added Cortana languages (for those of you that are on the developer preview). For the moment, we are keeping them out as the results were not satisfying. As Microsoft improves Windows Phone, we also continue to improve our app – this includes also translation into more languages. Stay tuned for more info on that.
To make it easier get started with our Cortana integration, we created a new FAQ entry: http://msiccdev.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/470316-unishare-cortana-integration-and-voice-commands. This is also available within UniShare (open the three-dot-menu at the bottom and tap on the ‘help & support (via uservoice)’ option).
The latest update contains also the following fixes:
- fixed message for Facebook post error
- fixed error where Facebook pages do net get loaded automatically after connecting
- improvements on the lock screen prevention function
- other bug fixes
If you do not see the update immediately, please be patient as the store refresh for our app may still need some time.
Last but not least, we want to remind you all of our UniShare Xmas Challenge: http://apps.msicc.net/2014/11/29/help-us-to-get-to-20000-downloads-of-unishare-and-get-a-gift-in-time-for-xmas/. Help us to get 20,000 downloads, and get an awesome gift as reward!
As we continue to work on UniShare as well, we are also improving and adding new features. This time however, we sadly had to remove two features from UniShare.
We had to remove Yammer from UniShare as we will loose our access to the needed programming endpoints at 12/31/2014 (because of leaving Telefónica Germany, where our access is tied to). We are currently looking into possible ways to make Yammer re-appear.
On top, Facebook does no longer allow third party apps to post to user groups if a platform has an official app. As Windows Phone has such an official app, we were forced to remove also this posting option. Posting to your pages however is still fully functional.
We are very sorry for this bad news.
Besides that, we also added a new feature that prevents the app to lock your phone until sharing has finished (you’ll find that on the post options page):
We are also happy to have fixed some other bugs:
- fixed error where Xbox Music link was added with unchecked Checkbox
- fixed missing album cover in XMusicShare when result from Xbox Music is selected (happens mostly while streaming)
- improved error handling for premium packages with slow network connections
- fixed sharing continuation when posting media fails
- lots of minor bug fixes
We hope that these fixes and the new lock screen prevention option will be delightful for you all.
What we are working next on is Cortana integration as well as multiple Twitter accounts, as these are the most requested features. Stay tuned for the next update!
Today we got our update to version 0.8.8.0 certified to be in the Windows Phone Store.
We made some changes to our app to improve your experience while sharing.
- we fixed and error where some not connected networks did not get hidden on setting this option
- we removed BugSense due to some serious performance problems and app crashes
- Many of you requested it, that’s why UniShare now only exits on the compose page. It displays also selective message before it exits to prevent non wanted exits. Don’t worry if you don’t like those messages, you can tell UniShare to not show it again.
- We made also some changes to the image editor. It needs to be activated now before selecting an image or taking a photo and works also with photos from the library.
- minor bug fixes
Due to the recent store outage for in app purchases, we also improved this part of our application. First, we added a new page where all additional packages are listed. The page tells you what you are getting with your purchase and detects your current license states. On top of that, we are no longer checking the license state on every app start, but save them for 96 hours. After that, we are refreshing the licenses. This should avoid problems like the recent outages in future.
If you see the unlock buttons after this update again, just hit one of them to refresh and store the licenses or restart the app.
We hope you’ll enjoy the new features and bug fixes. As always, if you have any feedback for us, do not hesitate to contact us through the feedback and support page.
Voices Admin received a minor bug fixing update today.
Due to some layout changes on the UserVoice website, fresh installs of ourapp were not able to get the API clients. This update fixes that.
The second fix is for the ticket list. You may have noticed that some of the tickets were not shown correctly and only manually refreshing the list helped. This is now fixed.
We are looking into of our UserVoice library in the coming weeks. We are trying to not break things, but our goal is to make the library returning objects that you can work with directly.
We hope the latest update helps you to better hear the voices of your users.